Thursday, February 16, 2006

Anthology


They were midgets
Or dwarves
I know not
The difference

In my basement
One Christmas
They gathered
Around for a poem.

I sang them one.
They clapped.
And one stuttered,
Stuttered, "Encore."

The other dwarves,
Or midgets
Said, "No.
Read another."

So, I sang about a dragon,
A dog really,
That knew the differences
Between kinds of little people.

No clapping.
Just little eyes
On the dog
At my side.

The dog dragon
In the basement
Licked his chops,
But all escaped.


…all but one,
"E E E En En
Enc c c c c ccc"
Never to finish "ore."

5 Comments:

Blogger DrD said...

And one stuttered,
Stuttered, "Encore."

Sweet, sweet

12:04 AM  
Blogger Enigma Productions Photography said...

hahahhahah

you sick freak!!

I love it

8:22 AM  
Blogger epalmer said...

I used to date a midget until my dog ate her. Weird.

10:19 AM  
Blogger vandorsten said...

Ja - good pic, too.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Hahn House said...

picture looks like a girl. But Aaron I was going ot say the same thing...best line is

stuttered, stuttered "Encore"

for real man

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home