Thursday, March 30, 2006

Conditioner


My love has a problem.
The kind of thing
that will make both of us
crazy
eventually.

At the store she means
to buy
shampoo
and conditioner,
but
returns
with
shampoo
and shampoo.

"Remember the time?" I say.
"Yes," she says.
"You mocked me, because,
in my colorblind
ignorance,
I painted my new speakers
forest green
thinking
they were charcoal
grey?"

"Yes," she says.
Yes she says,
but she is ready
to defend her shampoo
snafu.

"And when I
used colorblindness as
an excuse," as I often
do, "you said,
YOU KNOW HOW TO READ."

"Yes," you said,
"but that's
different.
I would think
you would pay
more attention
to a can of paint.
I would
check
check
double-check
check-check
the label."

Conditioner
is just as
important.

7 Comments:

Blogger J Eisenback said...

oh snap

9:59 AM  
Blogger Enigma Productions Photography said...

I feel like when I bought the green paint you really thought I was dumb. But when you bought 2 bottles of shampoo, you were in a huury. Is that what you are saying. I feel like the rules don't apply to you.


AHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA

10:54 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

the photo is brilliant, jeremy.

the poem is too

11:37 AM  
Blogger Chris Sigmon said...

remember when you bought that shirt at the wilco show, and you thought it was blue.... but aaron and same told you it was green.... you almost took it back, but it was really blue.... that was awesome....

your stuff today, also awesome pegg.

11:51 AM  
Blogger DrD said...

Face it, you are wrong, always will be. She is right. Always will be. Life will be easier.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Hahn House said...

SHAMPOO IS BETTER!

2:39 PM  
Blogger epalmer said...

"Conditioner
is just as
important."

Amen.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home